Monday, September 19, 2011

PS22 Chorus of 2012 Debuts "Theme Drickilous"




After hearing through the grapevine that Ricki Lake was a huge PS22 Chorus fan, we decided to show her some support in turn on her latest endeavor as a Dancing With The Stars contestant! Her DWTS dance partner, Derek Hough, had started a theme song for their team, which Ricki tweeted last week, and at Friday's rehearsal, we decided to give them some help and finish it up for them.

So here it is, the long-awaited debut of the brand new PS22 Chorus of 2012 with its debut performance of the year, which we dedicate of course to Derek and Ricki, aka Team Drickilous! Pretty confident you'll agree that the new crew has personality and enthusiasm beyond the likes of which we've EVER seen before! And soloist Kevin shows he has only improved with age since winning our school's American Idol competition back in 2008, when he was only in first grade!

Definitely a fun way to start off the year...


FILMED BY: Ms. Lisa
EDITED BY: Mr. B


UPDATE: Thrilled to see that both Ricki and Derek tweeted (and retweeted respectively) some great responses to the 2012 kids' video debut!! We really appreciate them taking the time to send their love and gratitude on what we're sure must be an incredibly busy day for them with Dancing With The Stars debuting tonight! Check out the tweets below!





6 comments:

c weber said...

Awesome job :)....Mr. B...this is for both you and the kids...please pass it on to them if you can. I'm in my 4th year teaching music at a middle school in the deep south, and I restarted the choir at our school two years ago...it had faded out a number of years before I came. I was hired to start a keyboard lab, and started the choir because the kids and school needed it. I am NOT the typical choir director, and have struggled to find my groove--feeling like I "should" be doing a more traditional program--but knowing that it would lose the interest of both the kids and myself. I felt like the way to really launch this thing is to have music that the kids can jump in and relate to.

I reached a tough point the end of this past week--really struggling to figure out direction for the group and also for myself as the director. Somehow, while searching online for songs, I stumbled on PS22, and it was this huge breath of clarity for me. I'm 38 and not nearly as cool as you :), but I saw such a similarity between what you're doing and what I've started to do here--I was just stuck in wondering if I was doing the right thing for our program. Before hearing your stuff, I had looked last year at at doing some of the songs you guys have done, and was like "hmmm, I don't know...."

Suffice it to say that PS22 has been a huge validation for me. I saw my 6th graders in your group, and though we're half your size, they've got the same energy and passion. So, thanks for just being yourself. In doing that, you're helping people like me realize that it's ok to go with our heart and not follow the traditional music mold. I went into today's rehearsal armed with a new confidence in what I've wanted to do (thanks to you and your kids), and my 6th graders totally rocked it out. I may have to throw up a southern Youtube challenge in a month or two :).

All the best to you and PS22 this year. Keep doing what you're doing....I look forward to following you from a distance this year.

c weber

Anonymous said...

thanks and good job on dancing with the stars






zyasia 5a-127

Panzeera said...

You rock! Congrats Chorus 2012 on your first video!
<3

Anonymous said...

Wpw the 2012ers are underway. Sounds like another great year is brewing....Bruce G.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Excellent work on Dancing With The Stars! That's to you and Ricki!









Angel 5a-127

Anonymous said...

WOW THE FIRST VIDEO WAS SO GOOD IT SOUNDED LIKE STARS SINGING THESE SONGS THEY SOUND SO GOOD NOW SO I DONT KNOW HOW THEY WILL SING LATER THUMBS UP! :)