Tuesday, August 02, 2011

PS22 Chorus 2011 Reunites for Newport Folk Festival!



On Saturday, the PS22 Chorus of 2011 had the distinct honor of opening up the festivities at this year's Newport Folk Festival in Rhode Island! The kids performed a wicked 12 song set that bedazzled the crowd and earned them a couple of standing ovations throughout the performance! After they brought down the house, the kids made their way over to the Leggo Kids Tent, to meet up with our old friends and collaborators, the amazing Freelance Whales for a joyful encore of "Generator (1st Floor)" and "Hannah!"



The 2011 chorus has been receiving rave reviews for its farewell appearance at Newport, and although nothing could ever possibly capture the crackling energy of actually being there, you can check out the chorus's entire 45 minute performance below, courtesy of our fabulous Ms. Lisa!


























And here is "Generator (First Floor)" with The Freelance Whales!




Thanks to everyone at Newport Folk Festival for having us, to The Freelance Whales for playing with us, Ms. Lisa, Mr. Eberle, Ms. Laurie, Mrs. Johnson, my dad (Victor Breinberg) for all the great pics, and most importantly to the kids themselves for a truly phenomenal day! What a way to go!!















4 comments:

PCMP said...

Fabulous job, PS22!!

Fabs said...

Wow! I loved all the videos.. specially "rolling in the deep" They are all very talented. Congratulations to all! :) Amazing job. God Bless! :)

Zendrig said...

It goes to show how much this chorus program meant to them, when almost all of the kids show up to an event during their summer holidays after graduation.
You all did a fabulous job. I have no idea how you memorize all these songs and I guess that you managed to recruit a couple of new fans for the years to come.

Thank you and farewell.

Anna said...

You guys are amazing and I follow the chorus all the way from Sweden! I first saw you on youtube when I was in hospital for over 18 months and I watched the videos so I could think of other things! Now I don´t have to be in hospital so much but I still listen to you!

When I watch your chorus there is one song that I think represent you great BUT I have never ever heard you sing that song; "Thank you for the music" by ABBA

Hope to hear you sing that song! (I actually sang that song when I was in fifth grade) That song IS PS22!

Love from A