Wednesday, December 02, 2009

PS22 Chorus at National Tree Lighting Ceremony!


Get ready for HUGE news! The PS22 Chorus of 2010 is going to be singing at tomorrow night's National Tree Lighting Ceremony in Washington D.C.! The kids will be performing a holiday song with hip-hop legend, Common, as well as closing the ceremony with a few holiday selections!! Also expected to perform are Jordin Sparks, Sheryl Crow, Ray LaMontagne, and more! American Idol judge Randy Jackson will be hosting the festivities, and according to the Associated Press, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will be on hand to light the tree!!

You will be able to watch the performance by live feed tomorrow night (Thursday) from 5:00-6:00 PM on the National Tree website. (You can even see a short promo video for the event if you click on the link now!) In addition the program will air the following day and all thoughout the month repeatedly on PBS. (Check your local listings!) Make sure to tune in!

Check out this pic from our rehearsal two weeks ago with Grammy Award-winner James Poyser (keyboard player for The Roots AND the Jimmy Fallon Late Night band), and director/producer of the event, Alex Coletti!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

these kids are awsome espeacially the back row of the sopranos but either way these kids are blowing my socks off

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a wonderful honor! :) I hope you all get the chance to meet the President and the First Lady! How incredible would that be?
You all are my heroes and my inspiration as I try and lead my own little choir at my school. :) Thanks for all the hard work!!!!! You all are amazing! :)
Love,
Joy

Suz said...

YIPEE!!! have a blast guys and safe travels... you will do AMAZING I am sure! Can't wait!

Zen said...

I don't even know what to say anymore because I'm running out of superlatives.
You always aim high and score even higher. I'm sure, you're all gonna rock the house (or tree in this case).
Please consider singing "A Winter's Carol". That will catch the audience by surprise (and leave them in awe).

Watch out, though! Sasha and Malia might try to persuade mommy and daddy to allow them to join your posse. :-D

Anonymous said...

Umm, you were supposed to be getting some sleep, not updating the blog!!!!LOL.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

: )
Miss Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say good luck tomorrow!! I hope you will all have a great time and enjoy the day!
You guys are awesome!!!!!!

Jasmín´s mom

P.S. I´ll be watching at 5:)

Clearbluewater3 said...

I am so excited! i will be there!

Anonymous said...

I expected amazing things out of you and your Chorus with the Christmas season coming up! Wow!! I can't wait to watch! Good luck to all of you! :) What an honor for an amazing group of young people with an inspirational leader!!

Emily K

Suz said...

Miss Lisa has a VERY valid point!

Hope you get to take some great shots and video footage as you ALWAYS do Miss Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Good luck To my son Julian & the whole gang!! You guys have been so blessd to be given this opportunity!! SING YOUR HEART OUT AS YOU ALL DO EVERYTIME!! This moment is PRICELESS....

Unknown said...

First of all: Congratulations! You were the best act of the evening by far and I'm trying hard not to be biased here). I'm a little disappointed though, that the christmas classics got cut and that the chorus was not on stage during the handshaking(!). I sure hope Ethan got some sniffing opportunities nonetheless.
So it was not as big a sellout as the Divas Special but a little more airtime would've been nice.

INES said...

WTG PS 22 CHORUS YOU GUYS ROCK ...To my niece Kaitlynn & Julian I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

i had so much fun it was awsome and like i said before we woudnt have gotten this far without u UR AWSOME(: ur the best music teacher a kid can have and you shouldnt be thanking me i should be thanking u for all youve done for me and the chorus(:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Suz!!!! I did my best, he has ALOT of pics to sift through so you'll get to see many great shots from alot of different people!

Miss Lisa

Suz said...

Miss Lisa -- So far I have loved the video that you shot that finally got posted--your efforts are always amazing! I think you (and Leslie and his parents) are the unsung heroes in a lot of this! We would never see most of the footage without your help~~ so to you all goes a HUGE Thank You! Now if only there was a way for the pictures to get sorted faster so we can SEE all the great shots! :P (kidding)

(and yes I realize there is a bad pun about "unsung" heroes)

Anonymous said...

hey it`s me k.k.r i juat want to say she made me cry in this video she sounds so good